The impact of our daily practices are becoming more of an environmental issue than ever before and ya property are committed to promoting sustainability, and, as far as is practically possible, reducing the adverse impact on the environment by maximising our opportunities to enhance the environment by minimising our carbon footprint.
Our aim is to achieve the most economical use of all materials, supplies and energy, using renewable or recyclable materials and products wherever possible based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and if possible exceed, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To make our staff aware of our Sustainability Policy so the company as a whole and individuals are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To make suppliers and clients aware of our Sustainability Policy and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To continually review and strive to improve our sustainability performance.
In order to put the above principles into practice, ya property have implemented the following initiatives:-
- Where it is practicable, purchase environmentally sustainable goods and services.
- Identify and use suppliers with sustainable credentials.
- Encourage staff to use alternative methods of transport to and from work. We are participants in the 'Ride to Work' scheme.
- Encourage staff to use Public Transport to and from meetings wherever practicable.
- Turn off lighting and heating when not required.
- Turn off printers and PC's when not in use and ensure they are not left on overnight.
- Double sided printing of internal documents and email.
- Use scrap paper for notepaper.
- Whenever possible send documents via email.
- Provision of recycling bins for paper, plastic and cardboard.
- Recycle batteries.
- Recycle toner cartridges.
- Purchase environmentally friendly cleaning equipment.
- Purchase Fair Trade and/or organic beverages wherever possible.
- The replacement of light fittings with low energy bulbs.